A great way to help the programs here at the North Suburban YMCA is for individuals, families and companies to make in-kind donations for a variety of items that we need on a daily basis. These donations of materials or services will allow us to stretch our dollars even further.
For example, do you know an experienced studio photographer who might be willing to take some photos at YMCA events or for an image advertising campaign? Is there a florist you or your business uses frequently who might donate centerpieces for our fundraising events? If you are in the food service industry, perhaps you know a contact for donating a lunch for the annual meeting.
Please take a minute to help us put together a list of individuals we can call on for donations of in-kind goods or services.
The Y also graciously receives non-monetary items of tangible personal property when such assets or materials can be put to good use in our programs. The following wish list identifies specific needs that may be contributed from existing treasures or purchased specifically for the Y.
- Men’s and women’s basketballs
- Jump ropes
- Batteries (all types)
- Paper products (Facial tissue, toilet paper, etc.)
- Office supplies (notebooks, papers, pens, etc.)
- Sanitizing wipes
- Baby items (diapers, baby wipes, strollers, etc.)
- Arts and crafts supplies
- Little Tikes indoor playground equipment
- Puzzles (for ages 3 to 12)
- Furniture (New and used desks, tables, filing cabinets, etc.)
- Cleaning supplies (newly purchased)
- Board games (ages 3 to 12)
- Lego block sets
- Children's books (ages 3 to teen)
- Balls (all types - Baseballs, basketballs, soccer balls, volley balls, etc.)
- Costumes and props
- Power tools (a host of projects are completed by volunteers and building equipment is always needed)
- Gift cards (all types)
- Ventra passes (Metra rail transportation assistance for participants from across the Northern Suburbs)
Whether donating goods or services, please be sure to fill out the attached In-Kind Donation Form, indicating the estimated value of the donation to the NSYMCA.