TOGETHER WE CAN DO SO MUCH MORE!
Volunteers are the heart of the Y; without their selflessness we couldn’t do the work we do every day to help kids, families and communities thrive.
We therefore aim to bring together people from all walks of life around a shared purpose to do good, creating a stronger, more cohesive community. Together we’re building a better us!
There are so many opportunities for volunteers to enhance their personal well-being and develop meaningful relationships at the Y – all while making an impact in the community they care about. Individuals can take an active part in the Y and their community by:
- Leading our Y as a member of our board of directors
- Applying your communication, finance, or planning skills as a committee member
- Helping with fundraising efforts and special events to ensure those
in need can access essential programs and services
- Serving as a member experience greeter
- Getting involved with a Y after-school or child care program to
help youth learn new skills, build confidence, and achieve their goals
- Coaching a sports team, teaching a class, or acting as a Y ambassador at a local community event
- Assisting with maintenance, landscaping and caretaking of our facilities and grounds
- Providing administrative or clerical support
- Sharing a special skill or talent
Businesses and groups can also get involved at the Y by volunteering for a special service day or project, such as:
- Special Events and Projects
- Collection Drives
- Outdoor/Indoor Clean-Up
- Outdoor/Indoor Painting
- Youth, Teen and Adult Activities